A place for games, off topic and popular entertainment.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Captain Arsehole
Electric Badger
Electric Badger

PostSubject: Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?   Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:01 pm

So we've all seen the 'classic' Sandler movies, Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Little Nicky, the rest of them that i can't think of. I for one am sick of people quoting his, but that guy knows comedy. He hasn't had a truly amazing film in some time, but the classics are just, well, classic.

So what's the verdict, is he funny or just a washed up tool? Is his humour worth hearing some wanker at the pub squealing "STOP LOOKING AT ME SWAN!"
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?   Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:05 pm

I still regard 50 First Dates as one of my favorite comedy movies.

Has that movie with Eric Bana been released yet?

Also, photobucket says the link is inactive.
Back to top Go down
Captain Arsehole
Electric Badger
Electric Badger

PostSubject: Re: Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?   Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:09 pm

heh, that's strange cause I can see him well and good on my screen.

Funny people? Was gonna see it the other day but the wait at Castle Towers was four hours, or $40 for Gold Class.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?   Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:24 pm

I think he has some good movies. I watched the majority of them a while ago, when I was a bit younger, so I don't think I understood them fully. They were still pretty good though.
Back to top Go down
Captain Arsehole
Electric Badger
Electric Badger

PostSubject: Re: Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?   Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:28 pm

How old are you?
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?   Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:31 pm

Captain Arsehole wrote:
How old are you?

I'm 16 now, but I'm going to be 17 pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?   Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:32 pm

Young flamer.
Back to top Go down
The_Patient
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat

PostSubject: Re: Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?   Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:20 pm

I'd go with low brow. Just like the movie "Anchorman" (which I know a lot of people love(and love to quote)) his stuff just annoys me. Sure it's ok the first watch through, but I don't think his movies deserve to be known as "classics". All his mvies are pretty much him trying to get a girl and having anger problems. Ha
Back to top Go down
Captain Arsehole
Electric Badger
Electric Badger

PostSubject: Re: Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?   Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:23 pm

Anchorman is the worst movie for quotes. I swaer, stupid girls should not be allowed to watch this movie. I know too many that will just repeat shit from this film completely void of any context or cenversational prompt.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?   Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:38 pm

I only thought there was 1 decent scene from Anchorman, and I have a gif of the scene.

Ok, I can't find the gif, but it's the scene where they the battle between the two different news corporations, and one of them gets a trident through the stomache.
Back to top Go down
JacK_RabBiT
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat

PostSubject: Re: Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?   Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:33 pm

Funny people was a bit of a let down tbh. Wasn't really funny at all =/ Just had names attached to it...
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?   Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:23 am

That's a shame, I was really looking forward to it. It's been a while since I've seen Eric Bana do comedy (apart from watching the Castle 1000000000000x).
Back to top Go down
JacK_RabBiT
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat

PostSubject: Re: Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?   Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:33 am

Eric does a pretty good job, he's not in it too much however plays a tought Aussie really well (making jokes hat he doesn't like those stand up comedy blokes real well or something lol).
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?   Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:43 am

Is Little Nicky any good? I remember seeing a bit of it, but kind of lost interest after I saw people wearing bras on their heads :s
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?   Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:53 am

I would like to know how many of your post have been;

"Is X any good?"

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?   Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:07 am

Pookster wrote:
I would like to know how many of your post have been;

"Is X any good?"

Laughing

Too many. Maybe we should deduct those from my postcount >_>
Back to top Go down
Captain Arsehole
Electric Badger
Electric Badger

PostSubject: Re: Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?   Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:06 pm

There's no going back now. And who cares about postcount.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?   Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:38 pm

Captain Arsehole wrote:
There's no going back now. And who cares about postcount.

I know a lot of people who do.

I used to be in a clan for a game, and they prided them selves on spamming forums. Not in a bad way, but in a weird good way. They used to have spamming competitions with other forums too Razz
Back to top Go down
gozer
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat

PostSubject: Re: Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?   Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:03 am

Alex wrote:
Is Little Nicky any good? I remember seeing a bit of it, but kind of lost interest after I saw people wearing bras on their heads :s

It was ok, not ok in that it was good ok, it was ok in that ok it is actually bad but we dont want to hurt your feeling because you think it is good kind of ok.

Some of his stuff is quite good, while others is just like the thread title, low brow and about as funny as a bashed puppy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?   

Back to top Go down

Funny bastard, or just a low brow joke?
Page 1 of 1