Game Traffic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for games, off topic and popular entertainment.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!

Go down 
+5
Nex
Pookster
Waterfox
Captain Arsehole
Ocelot
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ocelot
Forum Hero
Forum Hero
Ocelot

Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Empty
PostSubject: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:00 pm

http://www.slashfood.com/2009/09/28/burger-king-to-sell-quarter-pound-double-cheeseburger-for-1-dollar/

A buck a burger, sounds pretty good to me. That's what, $1.25 Aussie for a burger. I went to KFC the other day and got two colonel burgers, I handed over a 20 dollar bill and I didn't get much change! O_O
Back to top Go down
Captain Arsehole
Electric Badger
Electric Badger
Captain Arsehole

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:14 pm

Yeah but do you really want to eat it?

Also, the thread topic is of course facetious in nature, but won't it ruin the economy in healthcare expenses when the fatties load up on burgers?
Back to top Go down
Waterfox
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat
Waterfox

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:17 pm

Like the areshole, would you want to eat it? Who knows what stuff they're putting in it to keep the price that low.

Even though KFC isn't exactly healthy themselves, their ingredients are pretty good quality.
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:20 pm

Ocelot wrote:
http://www.slashfood.com/2009/09/28/burger-king-to-sell-quarter-pound-double-cheeseburger-for-1-dollar/

A buck a burger, sounds pretty good to me. That's what, $1.25 Aussie for a burger. I went to KFC the other day and got two colonel burgers, I handed over a 20 dollar bill and I didn't get much change! O_O

$4.95 for a fillet, zinger
$6.25 for a works

I am ashamed to be part of such piracy.
Back to top Go down
Nex
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat
Nex

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:20 pm

Well they already water down their mayo.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:41 pm

Nex wrote:

What the hell, water down mayo. That's just weird. I've heard of watering down soft drinks and cordial, but not sauces silent
Back to top Go down
Captain Arsehole
Electric Badger
Electric Badger
Captain Arsehole

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:49 pm

It's ok, all their chicken is delivered fresh and there's a cook at each store etc. God those ads are a load of bollocks.
Back to top Go down
Nex
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat
Nex

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:53 pm

Alex wrote:
Nex wrote:

What the hell, water down mayo. That's just weird. I've heard of watering down soft drinks and cordial, but not sauces silent

Whenever I get something with mayo its always like its been watered down. Maybe its just hj's over here
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:58 pm

Captain Arsehole wrote:
It's ok, all their chicken is delivered fresh and there's a cook at each store etc. God those ads are a load of bollocks.

ACTUALLY, the chicken is fresh from Steggles and Ingham.

Not so sure about the cook at each store.

For those not following, I work at KFC.

>.>
Back to top Go down
Captain Arsehole
Electric Badger
Electric Badger
Captain Arsehole

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:04 pm

yeah, it's delivered fresh, then slapped in a freezer.
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:18 pm

Its whacked in a fridge, but its never actually frozen. It just kinds sits there in bag, and its all gooey and shit.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:23 pm

Wow. This thread makes me not want to eat KFC chicken. But the chips are good. And the Mountain Dew.
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:24 pm

You do NOT wanna know how the Potato and Gravies are made.
Back to top Go down
Captain Arsehole
Electric Badger
Electric Badger
Captain Arsehole

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:26 pm

You do not wanna know the shit that's been put in the fryers.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:30 pm

Tell me how it's made. I don't want to waste my money on some crap No
Back to top Go down
Waterfox
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat
Waterfox

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:34 pm

Pookster wrote:
You do NOT wanna know how the Potato and Gravies are made.
Please, do tell.
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:35 pm

There's this gooey residue that collects at the bottom of the chicken fryers. There are bagged up and put in a freezer.

When gravy is needed the residue, which is now solid but crumbly clump, is mixed with boiling hot water and Gravox.

The potato is just powder and hot water.
Back to top Go down
Captain Arsehole
Electric Badger
Electric Badger
Captain Arsehole

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:40 pm

Here's a tip, go to the Farmer's Market and get some fresh produce. So long as you eat processed foods you're going to be eating shit that some grubby bastard has had his fingers in. It's easy and cheap to maintain a healthy diet by cooking all your own meals, and they taste a whole lot bloody better than fast food. Or restaurant food, if you're good at it.
Back to top Go down
Waterfox
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat
Waterfox

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:42 pm

Pookster wrote:
There's this gooey residue that collects at the bottom of the chicken fryers. There are bagged up and put in a freezer.

When gravy is needed the residue, which is now solid but crumbly clump, is mixed with boiling hot water and Gravox.

That sounds disgusting, but sadly, I'm still not turned off.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:44 pm

Waterfox wrote:
Pookster wrote:

That sounds disgusting, but sadly, I'm still not turned off.

I'm with your Fox. As much as I want to, I'm not turned off by it and probably will end up eating it again. Taste too good, and too easy to get D:
Back to top Go down
JacK_RabBiT
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat
JacK_RabBiT

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:50 pm

TBH, I skipped most threads...

CHEAP FOOOD WOOO!!!!
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:56 pm

JacK_RabBiT wrote:
TBH, I skipped most threads...

CHEAP FOOOD WOOO!!!!

I'm not sure about where you live, but in the Adelaide China Town, they have this place where they give you a plate for $5 and you can fill it up with as much food as you like. That's good cheap food.. cheers
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:03 am

Sounds pretty dodgy.

A Chinese restaurant near me got closed because they used cats as food =S

I know have to live with the fact that I more than likely ate cat, several times.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 3:41 am

Pookster wrote:
Sounds pretty dodgy.

A Chinese restaurant near me got closed because they used cats as food =S

I know have to live with the fact that I more than likely ate cat, several times.

Yea it is kind of dodgy. It taste pretty good though, and doesn't make me sick. I'm not expecting much more for $5 dollars Razz
Back to top Go down
gozer
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat
gozer

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 4:38 am

Nex wrote:
Alex wrote:
Nex wrote:

Whenever I get something with mayo its always like its been watered down. Maybe its just hj's over here

Maybe they forgot to order it and are strecthing it out until the order arrives, the Subiaco and Innaloo stores are like that, funnily enough the one in Bunbury too last weekend
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!   Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Burger King to rescue stricken economy...with a burger!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Game Traffic :: Social News Network :: Off Topic-
Jump to: