Game Traffic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for games, off topic and popular entertainment.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

If you could make your own game.

Go down 
+2
Captain Arsehole
Ocelot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ocelot
Forum Hero
Forum Hero
Ocelot

If you could make your own game. Empty
PostSubject: If you could make your own game.   If you could make your own game. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:53 pm

If you could make your own game, what would it be, what would it feature, how would you make it awesome?

I'd make a FPS/Third Person Shooter set in the near future 2015-2020 time period. It'd be essentially a MP game where you'd have block or district wars in war torn cities and fight for control of districts and areas. I'd have an RPG upgrade system to upgrade your characters abilities, fully customizable armor and weapons. And splice a bit of RPG/MMO skills in there so other than just having a few guns you'd have RPG style abilities.

IE.

"Critical Shots!" 10 energy, recharge time 30 seconds. Your next 5 bullets all score critical hits and end any being used by target.
"Viper Reflexes" 15 energy, recharge 45 seconds. For 10 seconds you fire 25% faster and reload 50% faster.
"Leather Skin" 10 energy, recharge 60 seconds. For 10 seconds damage taken by you is reduced by 20%

I'd also have a few vehicles in the game, but I'd make a big disparity between infantry and vehicles. So 32 players on a map and only 2 vehicles. Like big combat walkers.
Back to top Go down
Captain Arsehole
Electric Badger
Electric Badger
Captain Arsehole

PostSubject: Re: If you could make your own game.   If you could make your own game. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:13 pm

I would have either an ultra realistic shooter, in an urban setting, or a game set in a post apocalyptic wasteland which focused on being an everday journeyman rather than a gun toting hero.

The shooter would hopefully be a sniper game, focusing on infiltration, sniping, and exfiltration, with focus on absolute stealth. No map markers or radars etc, just map and compass. Extensive weapon customisation, as well as camoflauge selection. MP made would focus on leading small teams against each other in a deserted or populated city. Sorta like that junkyard scene in Enemy at the Gates. Several spotters, a couple of scouts, and one sniper.

The Fallout ripoff would focus on finding suitable ruins, fortifying them etc, building families, scavenging for weapons and ammo, attempting to find/drill for suitable water, not sure what sort of interface it would use, possibly would resemble an ANNO 1404 style view. This is an idea which really interests me too, cause I'm fascinated by the prospect of how well ideas like multiculturalism would survive in a wasteland environment with nobody to tell them how to live.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

PostSubject: Re: If you could make your own game.   If you could make your own game. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:35 pm

I'd like to try an MMOFPS. Combining my 2 favourite game genres, into something that could open up a whole new market if made properly. I guess it'd be like Ocelot's game.
Back to top Go down
Waterfox
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat
Waterfox

PostSubject: Re: If you could make your own game.   If you could make your own game. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:07 pm

I'd make a super realistic city, where every person has there own life, personality, money, friends, traffic jams, agenda etc.
The physics would be mind blowing and all animations will be made on the go, no pre-animated ones, when the AI wants to move forwards, they have to understand and learn how to use their limbs to walk. Also speech will also be created on the go, with realistic sounding voices and the AI could engage in totally random and unpredictable conversions.
Also no pre-made actions, for example, when someone leaves their house, you can break in through their window, turn on the gas on the stove, wait a while, then pick up and drop a newspaper in a toaster and turn it on ending with the AI crying in tears when they get back.

It'd have 3 mode:
-Sandbox
-Chaos
-Perfect

Sandbox-Just muck around and have fun, do what you want to the city.

Chaos- As long as your doing nothing the city remains normal, but if you the smallest thing, the AI will find a way to lead that up to total chaos.
For example, you bump someone down the street, with in 20 minutes it has led to the city burning with riots and millions dead.

Perfect- The opposite to Chaos mode, no matter what you do, no matter how devastating, the game AI will try it's best to make the city perfect again.
For example, you attach bombs to several buses around the city killing hundreds, with in 20 minutes the AI has done it's best to make every normal again and it's as if nothing ever happened.

The game would be called Life, or something like that.

My guess though is just to simulate a single persons life would lag the most high end PC. So maybe we'll wait a few decades Razz
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

PostSubject: Re: If you could make your own game.   If you could make your own game. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:10 pm

A realistic, peak-hour traffic simulator.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

PostSubject: Re: If you could make your own game.   If you could make your own game. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:14 pm

Pookster wrote:

I remember there was a game on the DS you might like. "Air Traffic Chaos" or something similar to that. What you basically did was control when planes flew in/out of an airport. It's boring at first, but gets a bit funner believe it or not Razz
Back to top Go down
Captain Arsehole
Electric Badger
Electric Badger
Captain Arsehole

PostSubject: Re: If you could make your own game.   If you could make your own game. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:16 pm

Something like Scribblenauts but with more words and better controls.
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

PostSubject: Re: If you could make your own game.   If you could make your own game. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:26 pm

Alex wrote:
Pookster wrote:

I remember there was a game on the DS you might like. "Air Traffic Chaos" or something similar to that. What you basically did was control when planes flew in/out of an airport. It's boring at first, but gets a bit funner believe it or not Razz

There a game like that but with traffic lights.
http://www.killsometime.com/games/game.asp?ID=870

FOUND IT
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

PostSubject: Re: If you could make your own game.   If you could make your own game. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:38 pm

Captain Arsehole wrote:
Something like Scribblenauts but with more words and better controls.

More words? I haven't come across any word yet that hasn't been in the system of that game. But the controls are pretty annoying.
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

PostSubject: Re: If you could make your own game.   If you could make your own game. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:45 pm

Why they couldn't use the d-pad to move and the shoulder buttons to side-scroll are beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Captain Arsehole
Electric Badger
Electric Badger
Captain Arsehole

PostSubject: Re: If you could make your own game.   If you could make your own game. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:46 pm

Jesus. Kettlebell. There are others. I'd also put in the words they wouldn't allow.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

PostSubject: Re: If you could make your own game.   If you could make your own game. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:44 pm

Heh, I think that someone is going to try make a modded, 18+ version of Scribblenauts for computer soon. Could be interesting.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gozer
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat
gozer

PostSubject: Re: If you could make your own game.   If you could make your own game. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 7:41 am

I don't know if this qualifies but a remake of X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, with todays g[u capabilitirs it would rock
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could make your own game.   If you could make your own game. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you could make your own game.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Game Traffic :: Gaming :: Gaming Discussion-
Jump to: