Game Traffic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for games, off topic and popular entertainment.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Team Fortress 2

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:36 pm

Yes, every good forum need a thriving TF2 game. Why, do you ask?

Because it's the greatest multiplayer experience you will have in a long time.

The TF2 community is large, with new user generated content popping up every day.
For example, the recent 'Fake-Engineer-Update' mock-up shows the time and effort some users put into their creations.
http://www.teamfortress.com.br/engineerupdate/day01.html

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Captain Arsehole
Electric Badger
Electric Badger
Captain Arsehole

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:45 pm

I played this once, didn't care for it. Reminds me of the scene where the Griffin family is drowning in their panic room, and Peter mankes a last minute confession.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:47 pm

Yea I guess TF2 is a pretty good game. I don't tend to play it continuosly, I usually play it in little bursts of a week or two at a time. It just gets too frustrating to play it in Pubs, as I don't know where to look for a clan or team.
Back to top Go down
Waterfox
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat
Waterfox

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:56 pm

Fluff loads of free content, both official and community. TF2 wouldn't be the same without it.
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:00 pm

Alex wrote:
Yea I guess TF2 is a pretty good game. I don't tend to play it continuosly, I usually play it in little bursts of a week or two at a time. It just gets too frustrating to play it in Pubs, as I don't know where to look for a clan or team.

Head over to the PCPP forums and ask JuicyCaboose or Obi-Wan if you can join TPoT or TW (respectively). These teams play in the GA 8's, so it's not overly competitive. It's a great way to get started.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:29 pm

Pookster wrote:
Alex wrote:

Head over to the PCPP forums and ask JuicyCaboose or Obi-Wan if you can join TPoT or TW (respectively). These teams play in the GA 8's, so it's not overly competitive. It's a great way to get started.

That could be a pretty good idea. Do you know if anyone from TPoT or TW has gotten into any high end competitive TF2ing from either of those clans?
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:36 pm

Some of TPoT and TW play in the OzFort leagues.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:45 pm

Ok. I think I might check it out soon then. Thanks for the suggestion Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Waterfox
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat
Waterfox

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:54 pm

I've been thinking of joining sometimes, but my lag and lack of mic normally stops me from asking.
Also I rarely play tf2 much any more, my skills have dropped but I have started playing again for small periods each week.
Often when I'm playing seriously (when I'm not on 2fort) I'll just play medic. When I realise we're not going to win without an uber I have to sacrifice my current class because I know no one else is going to swap.
At least it's because of me being medic we get past the engy farm (in payload)
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:57 pm

I'd definitely apply for a team. There's no obligation to play.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:58 pm

Waterfox wrote:
I've been thinking of joining sometimes, but my lag and lack of mic normally stops me from asking.
Also I rarely play tf2 much any more, my skills have dropped but I have started playing again for small periods each week.
Often when I'm playing seriously (when I'm not on 2fort) I'll just play medic. When I realise we're not going to win without an uber I have to sacrifice my current class because I know no one else is going to swap.
At least it's because of me being medic we get past the engy farm (in payload)

I've started playing Medic a bit, but not the healing kind. Battle Medic is pretty effective in battle if you master it, learning when to go back to allow regen to heal you, things like that.
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:18 am

I don't have the patience or skill to play Medic. I'd much rather go nuts with a Pyro or Soldier that stay back and heal. Mind you, I've never really played Medic that much - it just doesn't appeal to me. The same goes for the Demoman.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:11 am

Pookster wrote:
I don't have the patience or skill to play Medic. I'd much rather go nuts with a Pyro or Soldier that stay back and heal. Mind you, I've never really played Medic that much - it just doesn't appeal to me. The same goes for the Demoman.

I don't like the Demoman very much either, but he isn't too hard to get a good rampage with.
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:30 am

I've always had horrible aim with the pipes, so I'd use the stickies for all combat.

Probably explains why I'm so bad.

=/
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:52 am

Ghaahahaha, I just killed someone by going through a tele. Didn't know I could.

Team Fortress 2 Telefrag.th
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:57 am

...he was on your team. And it has a rocket kill up top. Keep trying though.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:10 am

Pookster wrote:
...he was on your team. And it has a rocket kill up top. Keep trying though.

I know he was on my team, so it couldn't have been a rocket kill.

I can give the original if you want.
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:52 am

There is no possible way to directly team-kill someone in TF2.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 12:01 pm

Pookster wrote:
There is no possible way to directly team-kill someone in TF2.

To be honest, I'm not sure what that means. But I did go through a teleporter, and I was on a Spy and he died.
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 12:04 pm

It means that your actions cannot directly kill a teammate. For example, you walk through all your teammates, so going through a teleporter will not effect a teammate in any way. It's possible that the spy had just died on top of the teleporter, and you just saw him there when you ported through.

However, if you a bad, and lead your medic into a heavy fire-fight and don't protect him, your actions may have indirectly have killed the medic.
Back to top Go down
juicycaboose
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 6:23 pm

Hey Alex, sign up to gamearena and give us your username and I'll add you to the tpot roster.
None of us have gotten into higher level competitive TF2 through playing for tpot, as it's mostly a fun thing that the clanners and pubbers do together.
But playing with us might give you a slightly better idea of what comp tf2 is about, as well as showing some of those in higher clans how you can play.

I was in a Div.1 equivalent clan for both 8v8s and 6v6s before my current Div.3 clan so I'm not exactly a scrub. (There are 4 divs plus an open league btw)

So umm, enough of that, how bout that TF2 aye?
Spy is phun :>
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 6:56 am

juicycaboose wrote:
Hey Alex, sign up to gamearena and give us your username and I'll add you to the tpot roster.
None of us have gotten into higher level competitive TF2 through playing for tpot, as it's mostly a fun thing that the clanners and pubbers do together.
But playing with us might give you a slightly better idea of what comp tf2 is about, as well as showing some of those in higher clans how you can play.

I was in a Div.1 equivalent clan for both 8v8s and 6v6s before my current Div.3 clan so I'm not exactly a scrub. (There are 4 divs plus an open league btw)

So umm, enough of that, how bout that TF2 aye?
Spy is phun :>

Ok, I'm signing up now. I might need to practice a little before I start playing with you as I haven't played for a while.
Back to top Go down
juicycaboose
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 1:36 pm

Don't worry dude, the GA ladder is a joke of a competition.
Most teams on it are either terrible or there for the fun of it.

TPoT are the latter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Team Fortress 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2   Team Fortress 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Fortress 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Game Traffic :: Gaming :: Gaming Discussion-
Jump to: