Game Traffic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for games, off topic and popular entertainment.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Teen's attempt at world record in a yact.

Go down 
+3
Captain Arsehole
Ganondorf
Ocelot
7 posters

Do you think it's wise/safe for Jessica to go on this voyage?
Yes
Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Vote_lcap229%Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Vote_rcap2
 29% [ 2 ]
No
Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Vote_lcap271%Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Vote_rcap2
 71% [ 5 ]
Undecided
Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Vote_lcap20%Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Vote_lcap20%Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Ocelot
Forum Hero
Forum Hero
Ocelot

Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Empty
PostSubject: Teen's attempt at world record in a yact.   Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 10:56 am

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26138326-421,00.html

I think there's alot of big companies looking at this for profit and publicity and not understanding the risks. It was an ordeal for a middle aged UK woman to attempt this, I have my doubts and fears that a 16 year old who isn't fully mentally developed can handle this sort of ordeal.
Would you let your sister/daughter of 16 do this?
Back to top Go down
Ganondorf
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat
Ganondorf

PostSubject: Re: Teen's attempt at world record in a yact.   Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:39 am

If it were my sister - I'd tell her to go for it, and I'll pray that you don't come back. But if it were my daughter (If I had one), I would most likely be too worried to let her go.

I'm sure that Jessica is capable, though.
Back to top Go down
Captain Arsehole
Electric Badger
Electric Badger
Captain Arsehole

PostSubject: Re: Teen's attempt at world record in a yact.   Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:26 pm

There's no "I think it's unsafe, but it'll be funny anyway" option.
Back to top Go down
Nex
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat
Nex

PostSubject: Re: Teen's attempt at world record in a yact.   Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:33 pm

Didn't she crash into a huge cargo ship recently when practicing? I mean comon, that would be hard to miss
Back to top Go down
Ocelot
Forum Hero
Forum Hero
Ocelot

PostSubject: Re: Teen's attempt at world record in a yact.   Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:34 pm

yeah she was asleep and crashed into a big huge ship.

I really doubt her ability. Not just seafaring but her mental and emotional integrity.
Back to top Go down
Captain Arsehole
Electric Badger
Electric Badger
Captain Arsehole

PostSubject: Re: Teen's attempt at world record in a yact.   Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:45 pm

She seems like a complete dunce. She's now installed a better alarm to wake her up before she collides with anything. Any real adventurer would sleep in the boat a few nights and have someone test the alarm to see if it woke them up. Too easy, she's just ditzy and unprepared.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Teen's attempt at world record in a yact.   Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:27 pm

As Ganondorf said, if it was my sister, I'd probably pack for her, so she was out of here faster. But if it was someone I actually cared about, I'd sabotage their Yacht so they can't go.
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

PostSubject: Re: Teen's attempt at world record in a yact.   Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 12:31 pm

And cause them emotional pain by wrecking something they worked and trained so hard for?
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Teen's attempt at world record in a yact.   Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 12:42 pm

Pookster wrote:
And cause them emotional pain by wrecking something they worked and trained so hard for?

Ok, maybe I wouldn't do something that extreme. I'd do something to ensure they didn't go though, but not too extreme.
Back to top Go down
gozer
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat
gozer

PostSubject: Re: Teen's attempt at world record in a yact.   Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 4:41 am

"What could possibly go wrong"

Where I live my neighbour and I come up with some weird stuff to do and usually the last thing said is the above.

I reckon she will hit a reef, somewhere remote, the epirb will be borked and she'll live on an island until she is fould ala Tom Hanks in Castaway
Back to top Go down
Nex
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat
Nex

PostSubject: Re: Teen's attempt at world record in a yact.   Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:18 am

Or she will simply capsize at night and die
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teen's attempt at world record in a yact.   Teen's attempt at world record in a yact. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teen's attempt at world record in a yact.
Page 1 of 1