Game Traffic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for games, off topic and popular entertainment.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo   Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 12:57 pm

Been playing this game a lot in short bursts latley. It great fun to just sit down and play for a couple minutes, then get on with working.
Unfortunately, I'm playing with a keyboard so I'm looking at getting an arcade stick or gamepad.

Now, a sequel (or upgrade, if you will) has been announced. Super Street Fighter 4 promises more characters and gameplay features.

Anyone here play this game? Or any of the Street Fighter games? (Alex, this is not an excuse for you to post in this thread Razz
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo   Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 1:10 pm

What if I have the game? Razz

I got Street Fighter 4, I bought it when it was half price but still haven't touched it. I just can't be bothered -.-
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

PostSubject: Re: Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo   Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:08 pm

I recommend giving it a good go. It the most fun you'll have in a long time. Promise
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo   Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:50 pm

Pookster wrote:
I recommend giving it a good go. It the most fun you'll have in a long time. Promise

Ok. Only because you promised. I'll leave this post open and play it.

Ok, SF4 is pretty good I guess. The installation is a pain in the arse, and it's kind of hard with a keyboard. So far, my favourite character is Rufus. He has some nice moves, and I like the way his belly just jiggles, continuosly Razz
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

PostSubject: Re: Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo   Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:57 pm

I recommend learning Ryu well enough to beat arcade mode the easiest difficulty. You will then unlock Sakura, who is the easiest to learn with. Shes got a good variety of moves that really pack a punch (literally).
Back to top Go down
k1rk
Dungeon Rat
Dungeon Rat

PostSubject: Re: Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo   Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 3:31 pm

Pooky what you think of Chun Li?
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

PostSubject: Re: Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo   Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 3:38 pm

Chun-li is definitely a great starting character to learn with. She will teach you the basics of 'charging' moves, and she has a good enough move-set to keep up with the stronger characters. She ultra fast and has the ability to leap of walls, which is really handy.

My only niggle is her Ultra-combo is somewhat 'lacking' compared to other characters.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo   Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 3:51 pm

So I just unlocked Sakura. To me it feels like a female version of Ryu, and that's it.
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

PostSubject: Re: Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo   Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:05 pm

Make sure you all go do the 'Normal Trials' in the Challenge mode. It will teach you all of the characters basics moves, along with more advanced combos and the specials. The harder once teach cancelling and stringing combos together, which is pretty much the basis for the game.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo   Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:19 pm

Argh I expected this game to just be "mash mash mash, combo mash mash mash" "PERFECT!"

This may take some practice to get good at D:
Back to top Go down
Pookster
Financial Pirate
Financial Pirate
Pookster

PostSubject: Re: Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo   Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:27 pm

Just wait till you learn canceling moves. Shits crazy.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Social Ninja
Social Ninja
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo   Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 5:01 pm

There are some pretty good instructional videos on YouTube for this. One thing I hate about Arcade mode though, is the time limit. It feels like when ever I'm against Abel, he just picks me up, swings me around his head and does that until I'm dead or the timer runs out Sad

I also had a friend send me this video once I told him I was going to try play SF4.

Spoiler:

Super Street Fighter 4 characters[This is a link by the way]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo   Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Hyper Street Fighter 4 Turbo
Page 1 of 1